Best Air Mattress 2018: Are you planning to trek or camp in the coming summer holidays? The idea is absolutely fabulous, especially for all the adventure lovers to relax and workout in the wild while witnessing and enjoying its unscathed beauty. Whether you are going out for camping with your friends/family for the first time, or often seek out for such adventure, first you should check out for the latest gears available for camping that will make your whole experience enjoyable.
One such gear is the air mattress which promises you a good and relaxing sleep after a tiring day. Therefore, you would wake up next day with full energy and absolutely ready to explore more. It is fun to be looked at as well, how a plastic bag transforms into a full-size bed within a few minutes. I’m sure you were looking for a good quality top air mattress for your next trekking and hence you stumble on this site. I have picked up the best air mattresses 2018 for camping available among the plethora of available option so that you can invest in any one of these and keep using it in the years to come.
|Best Air Mattress||Unique Feature||Editor's Rating||Buy Now|
|Lightweight and easy to carry||Buy Now|
|Inflates and deflates within minutes||Buy Now|
|Reliable with powerful air pump||Buy Now|
|Inexpensive and durable||Buy Now|
|Comfortable and cozy||Buy Now|
|Comes with repair kit||Buy Now|
|In-built Insulated layer||Buy Now|
|Available in different size||Buy Now|
|Versatile and easily washable||Buy Now|
|Convenient to carry around||Buy Now|
10 Best Air Mattress 2018 (A Not-To-Miss List)
We have included different kind of best air mattresses within different price range in this list to help you select the one ideal for you. Rest assured about the quality of the product, simply find the one that suits your purpose.
Intex – 18in Queen Dura Beam Comfort Plush Elevated Airbed
Intex’s Queen Dura Beam airbed has remained a bestseller in all the online shopping sites and thus you can pretty well understand why it is on the top of our best camping airbed list and my favorite too. Intex Recreation Corp. is a renowned brand manufacturing airbeds for the last forty years. Their primary objective is to provide their customers with the best quality product at the most reasonable price.
This queen size mattress can be elevated up to 18 inches, almost the height of a normal bed, with the help of a powerful electric pump that is built inside the airbed. So it would take only a few minutes to inflate and deflate it with a touch of a button. On the exterior there is a coating of soft touch and comfy plush flocking ensuring you the ultimate relaxation that you can afford to enjoy in an extreme environment.
Intex is always researching and innovating to provide their range of airbeds with supreme support system and the technology used in this particular airbed in the fiber tech construction. This technology uses horizontal air chambers, rather than vertical ones to provide users with extra stability and support. It can accommodate upto two adults with total weight of 600lbs. Even with two adults sleeping on it, the bed is not going remain firm and straight and we guarantee you would not get up with a back ache in the morning.
It can be packed into a bag which comes with it and carried easily as it weighs only about 19lbs. You would also have the option to clean it with water, mild detergent and brush/sponge. But it needs to be cleaned manually and not in machines as totally submersing it into water will damage the inner fabrics.
- Quality tested product with one year warranty within an affordable price range.
- Can be inflated easily without much effort.
- It is light in weight and easy to carry while you are camping.
- Users have complained that it does not stay fully inflated all through the night.
- Inflatable Queen airbed for home use, part of the Dura-Beam Series of airbeds engineered with Fiber-Tech Construction
- High-powered, built-in electric pump for hassle-free inflation and deflation, inflates mattress in approximately 4 minutes to the desired firmness
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
SoundAsleep is an American brand that manufactures best air mattress with the sole objective of providing users with sound rejuvenating sleep to the users while resting on an air mattress. In the Dream series air mattress buyers you would get a twin and queen size mattress, so opt the one that is ideal for you. All the products are crafted and quality tested in it’s headquarter in New Jersey, USA and comes with a one-year limited warranty. Therefore, you can rest assured about the quality of the product.
It comes with SoundAsleep’s comfort coil technology that ensures users a rigid and flatbed all through the night with the aid of 40 internal air coils that are embedded within it. The internal pump will allow users to inflate and deflate the mattress within 4 minutes with the click of a button. The top of the mattress is covered with a soft and thick waterproof material that gives you the ultimate comfort even. You can also use a sheet to cover the top and prevent the mattress from getting dirty. It is a made of a puncture resistant material so don’t worry about it getting damaged easily. It is lightweight in weight and can be easily carried in a bag once it is being deflated.
- A good quality product that comes with one year warranty
- Inflates and deflates within four minutes
- Can accommodate two persons with a total weight of 500 lbs
- Strong bottom grip prevents slipping
- Made up of eco-friendly material
- Comes with an electric pump to inflate and deflate it. Therefore, if you take it out while camping you would need a 110-volt charger to use it. This makes it a little difficult choice while camping as we cannot always get access to power in the wild. Still, I could stop myself from mentioning it in my top 10 list because of its superior quality.
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pump - Queen Size
- ComfortCoil Technology showcases industry leading design with 40 internal air coils for added durability and support. Your bed remains flat and firm so you can stay SoundAsleep!
- Patented 1-click internal pump for easy and fast inflation / deflation. The Dream Series mattress reaches full inflation and firmness in under 4 minutes and can be topped off quickly and easily. The air mattress is designed for in-home use and is perfect for overnight guests, friends or relatives
ALPS Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Bed
ALPS Mountaineering is a specialist in manufacturing different kinds of camping gears with the aim of making your experience while trekking/camping memorable. All their range of products has been designed keeping in mind the needs of the adventurers and by constantly improvising them through customer feedback. This rechargeable air bed is available in two different sizes: twin and queen for you to choose from.
This bed is made up thicker and sturdy PVC materials making it resistant to punctures and the welded edges make it much stronger. To be specific, the material used in the side and bottom of this bed is 17% thicker in comparison to its competitors and the material used on the top is 10% thicker than any other average camping air bed. And on the top of it, the top of the bed is covered with a soft velvety fabric so that you can lay on it comfortably without using a bed sheet and it also ensures that the bed doesn’t slip.
It comes with an advanced and extremely powerful battery with the help of which you can inflate and deflate the air bed in a minute. The battery charger comes along with the air bed and before using it for the first time charge the battery for at least 12 hours straight. Thereafter, wait till the battery totally gets discharged and then recharge again. This process will help in extending the products shelf life. Once deflated you can fold it and pack it in a small bag that comes with the bed and carries it with ease. All these factors make it one of the best camping air beds available at the moment.
- The small yet powerful air pump helps in inflating and deflating the bed within a minute
- The manufacturer has used superior materials so you can blindly rely on it while camping in the wild
- Small, lightweight and handy product
- It loses its original air pressure after using for a few hours but does not become totally flat
- State-of-the-art rechargeable pump inflates and deflates with easy 'flip of the switch'
- Rechargeable pump includes car charger and wall charger
- Soft-flocked top adds extra comfort and helps prevent sliding, while coil system offers superior support
Lightspeed Outdoors Deluxe TPU Air Bed with Battery Operated Pump
Next on our list is Lightspeed’s Outdoor Deluxe TPU Air Bed. This is a great option for all adventure lovers because of the superior quality TPU material it is made up of, battery operated pump that inflates and deflates in less than a minute as well as its great dimension that comfortably fits in two adults. It can be packed up easily in a small bag and weighs only 6 lbs. So it definitely would not add up a lot of weight while you are trekking.
The two way Boston valve integrated into the mattress helps users to adjust the firmness of the bed according to their preference. Moreover, the air mattress’s material makes it resistant to temperature, so adding another layer of protection while camping in the extreme climatic condition. Last but not the least, its patented stabilizer system ensures that the bed will remain firm all through the night without losing out any of the air pressure.
- It is inexpensive
- Easily fits in two tall and heavy adults
- Durable material makes it resistant to abrasion
- The top of the mattress is covered with a material that is not comfortable to sleep on. So you would need a sheet
- The mattress has an annoying smell
- Sleep better on this two-person Phthalate and PVC-Free air bed; adjust firmness thanks to the two-way Boston valve and patented stabilizer system
- Superior durability from TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) material construction that packs up small and lightweight
Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D Air Mattress
This air mattress the most comfortable and cozy sleeping pad that is ideal for all seasons. It is thick and firm and the 4 inches foam embedded inside it ensure that it maintains the firmness you have set it to. There are two valves at the top of the air mattress and you need to adjust the valve so that it soaks in air from outside and becomes ready to be slept in. Just in case you want to make it less firm, you can again adjust the valves at the top to release a little amount of air. Therefore, the mechanics are very simple.
The foams inside it along with the air gives the right firmness and at the same time insulates you from the cold or hot ground on which you lay it. It has vertical walls on all sides that increase the sleeping area and also stops you from gliding on the ground. The top of the pad is made of matt soft material and you will feel comfortable to sleep on it directly.
- Extremely comfortable and cozy
- Acts as an insulator when laid on the ground
- There is lots of space
- It is expensive
- It is heavy
- Luxury self-inflating foam air mattress offers comfort and warmth for camping, home, and travel, no pump required
- At 4-inches thick, and measuring 30-inches wide by 80-inches long, it delivers superior comfort and warmth (R-value 11.4) in a portable sleeping pad
Nemo Cosmo Insulated Sleeping Pad
Another great option for backpackers is Nemo’s Cosmo insulated series sleeping pad which is available in three different sizes to choose from. It inflates and deflates within a minute’s time and the mechanism is really simple. A pump is integrated on one side of the pad with two valves on two sides, you have to simply open the valve and place your foot on the pump and slightly press and release it to inflate the mattress. There is another valve on another end of the mattress with which you can adjust its firmness. And a dump valve is there to deflate the mattress.
There is a layer of PrimaLoft inside the mattress that acts as an insulator and keeps you warm in extreme climatic condition. The mattress inflates up to a 3.5-inch thickness which is very comfortable to sleep over and the 75D fabric is coated with plastic and embossed to make it durable and resist piercing. There are horizontal baffles all along the length of the bed to provide users with a stable area to sleep in.
- Weighs about 1lbs when deflated and packed and can be carried easily
- Comes with repair kit
- Comfortable, firm grip and smooth fabric makes it a cozy bed to take rest
- It is difficult to open the foot pump valves
- Integrated foot pump inflates the pad quickly and easily while you're standing up
- Four inch thick lateral baffles are plush and support body contours better than vertical baffles because the sleeping pad resists folding around the body's long axis
Exped MegaMat Duo 10 Insulated Self-Inflating Air Mattress
Exped offers a range of good quality camping gears and if you are searching for a queen size airbed, then the MegaMat Duo 10 is ideal for you. It comes in two color variants green and ruby red and comfortably fits in two adults leaving extra space on both sides. It is ideal for base camping, car camping or for rafting adventures. This airbed is ideal for all seasons, all thanks to the presence of bluesign certified insulation that keeps you warm and cozy even in very cold weather condition. A mini pump comes with the bed that inflates the bed in a minute up to a height of 3.9 inches thus ensuring good sleep to get ready for the next day. There is a valve at the end of the mat that helps you to adjust its firmness.
It is made up of superior quality material that is free from harmful chemicals. On all the four sides there are verticals walls to provide users with all the comfort and prevent them from slipping on the sides. It can be deflated easily and packed inside a carry sack. The carry sack is spacious so even if the bed does not deflate completely you can easily squeeze it inside it.
- Comfortably fits in two adults
- Mini pump is easy to operate
- Insulated layer keeps you warm
- It is expensive
- It is not ideal for trekkers
- Top: 50 D Tricot Nylon, TPU Polyether Film Laminate, Hydrolysis resistant, Honeycomb embossed
- Bottom: 50 D Tricot Nylon, TPU Polyether Film Laminate, hydrolysis resistant
- Insulation: opencell PU foam, Oekotex 100 certified
SEATOSUMMIT Comfort Deluxe Insulated Sleeping Mat
SEATOSUMMIT offers a range of gears for all trekkers and we must say that each and every one of their products is of superior quality. As far as air mattresses are concerned its comfort deluxe insulated sleeping mat is one of the best amongst its range of products. You will feel at home while sleeping on it. It is available in three different sizes so you would have the opportunity to pick out the right one according to your height and weight. Being integrated with the company’s patented delta core technology, it ensures to keep users warm and protected throughout its length and breadth.
This air mattress has a thickness of 10 cm that makes you feel comfortable and the horizontal triangular core makes the mattress light in weight while providing full support. The top of the mattress is covered with a comfy 30D stretch knit fabric and the base has a strong 75D polyester fabric to protect the matt against abrasion. It gets inflated by just removing the cover of the valve, however, if you want to adjust the firmness, you can buy a portable pump from SEATOSUMMIT and use it.
- Available in different size and accordingly the price vary
- Inflating and deflating it is easy
- Easy to carry
- It is not suitable very cold temperature
- Doesn’t come with integrated firmness controlling unit
- Luxurious stretch fabric top for optimal comfort
- 3 inch thickness of air sprung cell technology and award winning dual layer design
- R-Value of 5 - sufficient for cold weather camping and backpacking
- 392 independent air sprung cells for unparalleled comfort
Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Dream Mattress
It is the most versatile air mattress we came across while searching for the best airbeds. It comes in three layers which can be separated and used for different purpose. While all the three layers put together is ideal for any camping trip, the air mattress can be separated and used for backpacking only. The outermost layer is like a jacket that put together the air mattress and the foam. The top of the layer is made of soft material and would not cause irritation on your skin. The sides and bottom of the jacket is made of a comparatively stronger material to protect the bed. The second layer of foam acts as an insulator and also smoothen the surface to provide you with a peaceful sleeping place. The next layer consists of the insulated air mattress with horizontal baffles. Altogether it makes up a perfect air bed ideal for camping in any season.
You can inflate the bed either with a torrent pump or manually pumping it. The first option is faster and much better. The three layers of insulation promise to keep you warm all through the night. It is available in two sizes, large and extra large. The cover is washable and you have the option to remove the foam if you don’t need it.
- Most versatile sleeping pad
- Easily washable top layer
- Three-layer insulation makes it perfect for all seasons
- The foam often tends to get crushed and squeezed
- It is expensive
- Does not come with a stuff bag to pack it up and carry it
- Updated: our most compact luxury mattress now includes a free neoair torrent pump
- Luxurious 3-layer system: 3-in thick neoair air mattress, 1-in thick foam pillow top and plush fleece cover
- Compact warmth: neoair construction and therma capture Technology provide insulation without Bulk
Stanport Self Inflating Air Mattress
Last on our list is a portable lightweight air mattress that is not good for extreme climates, but definitely great for keeping you off the cold and damp ground while you are camping. It inflates easily within minutes by just winding a nozzle present on the side of the bed. In case of the pad does not self-inflate to its full capacity, you can blow in your breath to inflate it fully. The maximum breadth up to which this airbed can be inflated is 1.5 inches, which is definitely thinner in comparison to other beds mentioned above but at least you will have the assurance to not sleep on the ground. 1.5 inches is a good amount of thickness for back sleepers, but side sleepers might feel a bit uncomfortable.
It is made of durable nylon having a smooth surface and I assure you will feel comfortable. You need to deflate it manually by turning the nozzle and then gently rolling it while pushing all the air out. It is narrow in size but perfectly fits one adult. It is extremely light in weight, making it ideal for backpackers.
- Very convenient to carry around
- Made of smooth and durable fabric
- Inflates easily
- Only 1.5 inches thick
- Dimension is narrow, can fit only one adult
- Mat is made from high-density premium grade open cell foam that is fully bonded to the outer fabric surface, weighs 3lbs 8oz
- Durable oxford nylon shell holds your bag securely to the pad and will stand up to many years of rugged four season use
Best Air Mattress 2018 Buying Guides
If you are a seasoned trekker, you would exactly know the qualities you would like your air bed to have. So this list (best air mattress 2018) is going to help you to save time while selecting your next airbed as all you need to do is pick one of these best airbeds that suits your needs. But if you are going to experience it for the first time, then selecting the ideal airbed becomes a bit difficult. So here are some points you need to keep in mind while selecting the best one.
Types (Click to Enlarge)
There are basically three different types of airbeds: manual, self inflated and pump inflated. You need to blow into the airbed to inflate it in the manual airbeds. Self inflated ones automatically inflates ones you turn the valves and the pump inflated ones inflates with the aid of pumps that comes with the bed or you have buy the pump separately. In some of the self inflated beds foot pumps are present. You need to push the pump with your feet to inflate it. In the pump inflated airbeds, the pump needs to be connected to your car charger or with batteries to make it work. Think about the places you are going to travel and which type of airbed is suitable in such a place. It will help you narrow down the options available to you.
Size (Click to Enlarge)
The next important thing is the size of the airbed. Airbeds are available in a variety of sizes: queen, double, large, extra large and many more. Take into consideration the person/s who would be using it, their height and weight before finalizing the deal. Some airbeds come with vertical walls or loops so that you can join two beds and make room for many persons.
Comfort (Click to Enlarge)
This is a primary requirement for all users. If the bed does not have a stable support and air seeps out through it slowly, it will give you a backache in the morning. So check the technology used and whether it will remain firm or not throughout the night. Also, check the material with which the top cover is made, it must have a comfy material or else you will end up getting rashes. One easy way to deal with it is using a sheet on the top.
Air Holding Ability (Click to Enlarge)
The bed you are buying must not leak. It should have the capacity to maintain the same firmness at which you have inflated it before going to sleep. This is primary criteria to differentiate between a good and bad airbed. So you must check from the various sources whether the bed is able to hold the air or not.
Price/Warranty (Click to Enlarge)
Airbeds are available at a variety of price range. Try to find out the one that suits all your criteria as well as budget. But it is always advisable to buy products from a reputed brand as these products come with a warranty. In case of any problem, you will have the option to contact them and find a solution.
Full rest and good sleep are bare minimum necessities while you are camping in the wild as it energizes to explore more the next day. So make sure to get the best available option for best air mattress 2018 suiting your budget. Do post us your queries, we would be happy to help you!!
- 10 Best Air Mattress 2018 (A Not-To-Miss List)
- Intex – 18in Queen Dura Beam Comfort Plush Elevated Airbed
- SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
- ALPS Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Bed
- Lightspeed Outdoors Deluxe TPU Air Bed with Battery Operated Pump
- Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D Air Mattress
- Nemo Cosmo Insulated Sleeping Pad
- Exped MegaMat Duo 10 Insulated Self-Inflating Air Mattress
- SEATOSUMMIT Comfort Deluxe Insulated Sleeping Mat
- Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Dream Mattress
- Stanport Self Inflating Air Mattress
- Best Air Mattress 2018 Buying Guides