Last updated on – 9 May 2021
Your feet are among those body parts (along with your spine) which have to bear a lot of pressure during your hiking expedition. Whether its rough terrains, steep slopes, slippage, heel displacement or a tiny blister.
If you are concerned about your feet and want to give them some comfort during your upcoming hiking advanture, then you should go through this article. Because we have curated a list of best insoles for hiking boots to let you make an informed choice.
Parameters that we considered while shortlisting the products are –
- Insole Type
- Comfort and Protection
- Size (Customization)
- Anti-Odor Properties
You would learn in detail about these parameters for better understanding of how to select best insoles for hiking boots.
Lets’ dig deep to get the best insoles for your hiking boots that fulfill your requirements. Before that let’s have a quick look at our top 3 best picks –
Best Insoles For Hiking Boots
#1. Currex HikePro Insoles
Currex HikePro Insoles are high volume insoles to provide your good cushioning comfort while trekking and hiking on high arches.
The insoles has a unique design to reduce foot pressure from joints, ligaments & tendons that eventually reduces the cause of many foot, knee & hips injuries.
You get the Super NEO technology grip that locks the heel in place and gives a proper fit to your foot that increases stability and better performance.
You can select customized arc as per your foot type – Blue – High , Orange – Medium and Red – Low.
- COMFORT: Significantly improves comfort of any Hiking/Mountaineering over cheap and flat sock liner
- INJURY PREVENTION: Designed to reduce foot pressure & fatigue, improve performance & prevent injuries by reducing stress on joints, ligaments & tendons, the cause of many injuries in the foot, knee & hips
- SuperHeel Grip: Groundbreaking NEO TOUCH grip technology for Pefect Fit and Heel Lock in Outdoor conditions
- STABILITY: Fills void between foot & flat liner creating close to full foot contact for increased stability and better performance / feedback
- Boot CUSTOMIZATION: Builds a individual dynamic arch into the standard flat Outdoor boot / shoe. Blue-HIGH, Orange-MED or Red-LOW? Your foot-type determines the color!
- Good grip
- Voids gap between foot and sole for firm fit
- Reduces foot pressure
- Customized arc design
- Quiet expensive
Why should you buy this product
Super grip, comfortable, and customized individual arc makes it ideal for regular trekkers and hikers
#2. Superfeet Trailblazer Comfort Insoles
Superfeet Trailblazer Comfort Insoles contain Aerospring Dual comfort foam for superior cushioning to your feet even on the rough terrains.
Insoles provide good heel support and locks the heel in place that prevents you from slipping. Deep heel cup provides stability on uneven ground makes it ideal for your hiking expeditions.
The Superfeet shape minimizes fatigue, reducing foot shifting that can lead to hot spots and blisters.
You can also use these Orthopedic insoles to avoid foot pain, neck pain, and in case of spinal problems.
- DESIGNED FOR: The ideal insole for hiking, trail, backpacking shoes, and everyday use in boots and trail shoes where you're on your feet for hours. Supports your foot in the boot, minimizing fatigue and reducing shifting that can lead to hot spots, blisters, shin splints and foot pain.
- LONG-LASTING STABILITY: Ideal for any arch height. Deep heel cup prevents heel slip and toes from hitting the front of the boot on uneven ground. The Superfeet shape securely supports your foot in the boot, minimizing fatigue and reducing shifting that can lead to hot spots and blisters.
- SUPPORT AND COMFORT: Heel Impact Technology POD in the heel disperses impact for ascents and descents, providing the perfect amount of cushioning. Shock-absorbing Aerospring Ascent dual comfort foam enhances comfort even on the roughest terrain.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Superfeet insoles keep their shape, delivering reliable support and comfort for up to 12 months or 500 miles, whichever comes first.
- ODOR CONTROL: MOISTUREWICK with long-lasting odor control
- Superior cushioning
- Heel locks prevents slippage
- Avoids blisters and fatigue
- Orthopedic benefits for regular use
- Super feet shape minimizes any injuries.
- Not very durable
- Foam is rigid when new
Why should you buy this product
Ideal for hiking and orthopedic problems like neck pain or back pain.
Also read – Best hiking boots for men and women
#3. Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Insoles for Men and Women
Plantar fasciitis arc support insoles help in reducing the pain that arises due to orthopedic issues. The insoles also work well with high arches and provides foot stability.
You get high volume heel support for providing even cushioning at the heel.
Anti Pronation Biomechanical Reinforcement Technology offers good arch support that absorbs sudden shock thanks to the gel insoles forefoot and air capsules embedded in the sole help to absorb the impact of the foot hitting the ground.
You can trim the sole as per your arc to get the perfect fit.
- 【HIGH ARCH SUPPORT INSOLES】premium podiatrist-recommended sole shoe inserts for men and women minimize arch pain and offer excellent comfort. EASYFEET shoe insoles provide plantar fasciitis - high arch - flat feet - pronation - back - ankle - knee - neck - lower back - joint - posture - heel spurs - metatarsalgia - shin splints - bunions - Morton's neuroma support and pain relief
- 【ANY AGE / FOOTWEAR/ ACTIVITY】orthotic inserts for men and women fit all orthopedic - athletic - casual - workout - sports - hiking - basketball - tennis - snowboard - ski - golf - gym - walking shoes or work boots. Best insoles for walking - running - standing - cross-training. WARNING: you may feel foot pressure while 3-7 days of wearing. It's normal because your feet are not used to arch support. We strongly recommend starting from 2-3 hours a day and increase the time each day gradually
- 【FOOT PAIN RELIEF】EASYFEET insoles offer a superb level of arch support. Plantar Fasciitis Insoles provide a shock-absorbing effect because gel forefoot and air capsules enhance cushioning. Deep heel cradle with built-in heel support keeps foot bone vertical and balance to provide stability
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】orthotics offer strong arch support made of hard TPU and cushioning layer with PU memory foam base. Heat and friction reducing velvety breathable cover provide a top-notch feet comfort. Adjustable size: insoles can be easily trimmed and adapted
- ▶【100% RISK-FREE PURCHASE】We guarantee customer satisfaction by ensuring the high-quality of our products, 1-year warranty and 90-day full refund (or replacement). We will take the insoles back even if they have already been trimmed! If you received a damaged item, please don't file a complaint, message us and we'll solve the problem! Click ‘Add to Cart’ for the best foot care now!
- Gel insoles and embedded air capsules for shock absorption
- High volume insoles
- Anti bacterial material prevents bad odor even after regular use
- Trimmable as per your arc size
- You may feel pressure on foot in the beginning
Why should you buy this product
If you need strong arc support for sports activities or hiking.
#4. Timberland PRO Men’s Anti-Fatigue Technology Replacement Insole
Timberland PRO insoles come with Anti-Fatigue Technology that absorbs shock and returns energy to your feet after every step resulting into less fatigue.
Insoles protect your toes with its soft toes technology, that are thicker than foot liners for extra comfort.
You get firm heel placement that prevents slipping by locking the heel in place thanks to the heel slippage technology that reduces extra room, prevent slips, hotspots, blisters, and shoe bites.
You also get dynamic arc support that provides comfortable grip to any arc size while walking or standing.
- KEEP IT COMFORTABLE: Timberland PRO insoles offer a carefully engineered upgrade in performance & comfort. The Anti-Fatigue Technology Insole features our exclusive inverted cone foam, designed to absorb shock & return energy to your feet with every step.
- ANTI-FATIGUE TECHNOLOGY: A comfort system designed with shock-absorbing, geometrical technology that returns energy back to the foot to deliver all-day support & comfort. Stay comfortable on your feet all day with Timberland PRO's anti-fatigue technology.
- A SOURCE OF PRIDE: We know you take pride in your work, so our soft-toed shoes and boots and steel-toe boots and shoes are designed to provide you with enhanced job performance day in and day out. Wear them at work well as at home with comfort & style.
- QUALITY WORKWEAR: Timberland PRO assesses the unmet needs of those who work in the most demanding environments and then develops solutions that deliver ultimate comfort, durability & protection—all day long—from work boots & shoes to anti-fatigue insoles.
- Anti-fatigue technology for the shock-absorbing
- Heel lock placement to avoid slipping and blisters
- Dynamic arc support
- Breathable hexagon design
- The foam is hard at the start,
- Very hard soles can cause injuries if your skin is sensitive
Why should you buy this product?
Shock absorbing, and breathable insoles come with orthopedic benefits to use these insoles not only for hiking but daily wear as well.
Check out – Best hiking sandals
#5. Powerstep Pinnacle Insole
If you sweat a lot and need an odor less insole, then go with Powerstep Pinnacle Insole. These insoles come with antimicrobial properties to check bacterial growth from sweating. You also get rid of itching, rashes, and other foot infections.
Eva dual foam that provides extreme cushioning and comforting while hiking. The foam absorbs shock and protects heal from damage and provide foot stability.
Super strong grip with foot locking helps in injury protection.
These insoles are specially designed for foot pain, neck pain, and spinal injuries to reduce your orthopedic problems.
- Maximum cushioning: A durable EVA foam base and plush top layer, paired with our variable Cushioning Technology, provide a dual layer of targeted and controlled cushioning, enhancing comfort in your shoes
- Semi-rigid arch support: firm yet flexible arch support and deep heel cradle increase foot support and stability – providing greater motion control while walking or running
- top fabric: heat and friction reducing fabric helps feet stay cool, dry, and odor-free during strenuous activity – keeping your feet comfortable, healthier, and blister-free
- Foot pain prevention and relief: these shoe insoles are the ideal orthotic for pain associated with plantar fasciitis, mild to moderate pronation, metatarsal pain, heel and arch discomfort, flat feet, sore and tired feet, and other common foot conditions
- Versatile insole: supports all arch types – low, neutral, and high arches. The insole also fits a variety of shoe types with removable insoles – athletic, casual, dress, and work shoes or boots
- Antimicrobial protection
- Extreme cushioning for super comfort
- Strong grip
- Reduces foot as well as back pain
- Wears off very easily
Why should you buy this product?
Antimicrobial, great cushioning, ideal for high sweating people.
#6. Superfeet GREEN Insoles
Superfeet GREEN Insoles contain cross-linked polyethylene that is flexible, breathable and durable. The insoles provide you maximum support and cushioning at the rear as well as the front foot.
Intricate design and shape that boosts a wide, deep heel cup for firm grip that prevents you from slipping on steep terrains.
The high volume cushioning protects your heel from sudden shock. The flat midsole of your footwear adapts to the insole to add stability to your feet.
- Full-Length Fit: High-profile, high-volume Superfeet insoles are designed to fill the length and width of your shoe for maximum support, simply trim the arch-support inserts to fit your shoes
- Stabilizer Cap: Our specialized insoles for men and women feature a base-layer stabilizer cap designed to support the rearfoot and provide additional structure and stability to the foam layer
- Deep Heel Cup: Equipped with the widest, deepest of heel cups for heel pain, these high-arch insoles for men and women offer maximum support and assist with natural shock absorption
- Superfeet Shape: The high-profile, special orthotic shape of our arch-support shoe inserts helps stabilize and support the foot, which can help reduce stress on the feet, ankles, and knees
- High Density Foam: The closed-cell foam layer in these arch-support insoles for women and men supports and cushions the foot for durable, long-lasting comfort.
- Foundation cross-link polymer.
- Unbeatable grip
- High volume cushioning
- The polymer base and the foam are not glued properly
Why should you buy this product
If you are a beginner hiker who needs a soft insole with extra cushioning
#7. KEEN Utility Men’s K-20 Insole
KEEN Utility Men’s K-20 Insole are made of 100% synthetic material that lasts long.
You get a comfortable, thick, shock-absorbing material that evenly cushions the entire foot without compression. A high rebound from the foam provides energy return from every step o reduce fatigue.
A heel cup keeps the foot in center and aligns the foot with the heel to provide a better posture and strong grip.
Cleansport NXT Anti-Odor Technology keeps odor and bacteria away from your foot this protects your foot from bacterial infections.
- CUSHIONING & FIT: A premium, thick, full length shock absorbing material evenly cushions the entire foot without compression; High rebound foam provides energy return for all day comfort
- HEEL STABILITY: A heel cup centers and aligns the heel and foot, improving alignment from heel strike, through the arch and toe-off for better stability throughout each gait; Medium arch support to center the body’s alignment
- Anti-Odor Technology: Features Cleansport NXT (a trademark of the Stewart Group); A quick drying, natural, probiotic-based technology microbes producing enzymes that break down the odor in sweat and help prevent footwear from smelling bad
- 90-Day Guarantee: KEEN Utility warrants the quality and comfort of its insoles for 90 days
- Note: Replacement insole may affect protective work footwear safety ratings; especially with ESD-rated footwear; Designed to fit KEEN Utility boots perfectly, but can be trimmed to fit any brand
- Comfortable and shock absorbing
- Anti odor absorbing technology
- Foam is harder than gel and can be uncomfortable.
Why should you buy this product
Anti-odor technology, comfortable, and high rebound to avoid fatigue
Learn – How to pack a hiking backpack
Things To Consider While Buying Insoles For Hiking Boots
#1. Insole Type
While selecting insoles make sure the insoles support structural misalignment, this not only takes care of your foot pain but also discomfort in the ankles, knees, hip, back, neck, or head.
Choose one that supports Plantar fasciitis, this takes care of your painful condition resulting from tears in the plantar fascia—a band of connective tissue that connects the heel to the forefoot.
Prefer gel insoles these prevent calluses, hammerstones, bunions. The support should not be very rigid, soft support will be very beneficial. However your feet may take 7-10 days to get habitual of insoles.
#2. Comfort and Protection
Make sure the heel is lifted and better supported to help in stabilizing the foot and minimizing heel slippage, hot spots, blisters, or shoe bites.
If your foot measurement changes while you are seated then the sole should accommodate elongation, it can provide support for the elongation to provide a better fit during long hikes.
Insoles should protect the toes and have shock-absorbing properties and locks your heel that will prevent slipping on the steep terrains.
#3. Size (Customization)
Make sure the size of the insole is the same as that of the shoe, longer will not fit properly and a smaller one can cause more damage to your feet and cause back pains.
Otherwise, you can go for trimmable insoles that you can trim to get the right fit.
#4. Anti-Odor Properties
Since you have to wear the shoes for long hours during hiking and your feet may produce a lot of sweat. Excessive sweating may cause high bacteria growth leading to rashes, itching, and skin infections.
Insoles with micro-bacterial or anti-odor technology produces enzymes that break down the sweat smell and help prevent footwear from smelling bad.
A lot of sweat can also ruin your insoles that is why you should go for insoles with breathable material to get longer insole life.
If you need a high volume insoles for hiking, go with Currex Hikepro insoles because of unique design to reduce foot pressure from joints and provide extra cushioning to your feet.
If you need extra cushioned insoles for hiking as well as orthopedic problems, go with Superfeet Trailblazer Comfort Insoles because of superb cushioning, heel locking and shock absorption features that provide ultimate comfort to your feet.
If you want versatile insoles in a budget that you not only use while hiking but also or regular basis, go for Timberland PRO Anti-Fatigue Insole as you get breathable material and unbeatable cushioned support that offers long hours usage.